The four articles we read were about the use of antibiotics on factory farms, antibiotics causing superbugs among livestock, antimicrobial wipes and soaps making us sick, and incorporating antimicrobials into the manufacture of hospital furnishings. All of these articles were alarming and disheartening. It seems like there is no escape from harmful manmade antibiotics and they are being used recklessly and without good cause. I am hopeful that as more studies come out showing the negative impacts of these commonly used chemicals, we decide to change course and not use them so carelessly.
CHOOSE ONE of the following organizations/agencies: OSHA, CAL/OSHA, NIOSH, ILO, WHO, AFL-CIO Go to their website. Each of these occupational safety and health or labor organizations support a range of occupational health and safety programs. Select a health and safety program sponsored by one of these organizations, read about it. Provide a short summary on your BLOG and how it might relate to your health and safety. I chose the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) as the agency to explore for this blog post. I went to their website (link: https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/index.htm ) and looked at all the different health and safety programs that they sponsor. The program I chose to read about in more depth is one of the programs in the NIOSH Research Program Portfolio. The program I read about the NIOSH Occupational Health Equity Program. The NIOSH Occupational Health Equity Program "seeks to promote health equity in disease incidence, injury, mental ...
What was once seen as a way to protect us has now bitten us in the behind. I believe that things should be thoroughly researched before being put out for the masses to enjoy.
ReplyDelete